Jet Motor Company (JET) is a tech-focused automobile assembly and design company with a global orientation and unifying goal to lead Africa into the future of mobility by producing and distributing world-class vehicles, suited for African roads.
Founded in 2018 by Chidi Ajaere and led by a team of passionate professionals, JET is committed to reshaping the narrative of the mobility space in Africa by consistently innovating in vehicle design and functionality, while ensuring Africa is ably represented in the future of mobility on a global scale.
Given the dependence of over 96% of Nigeria’s population on road mass transportation for their daily commute which ultimately results in significantly high demand for commercial vehicles, In 2019, JET launched its flagship brand “JET MOVER” a multipurpose Van which comes in a variety of options and has enjoyed massive user acceptance since inception. JET went further to release Nigeria’s first Electric powered Van in 2021.
The JET Mover is a fusion of European design and Asian technology, tropicalized for Africa. The multipurpose van is functional and aesthetically appealing; great user experience; personalised entertainment system; premium quality; reinforced suspension; reinforced shocks; parts availability; corrosion resistance; and increased ground clearance.
Meet the JET Electric Van (EV)
Last year, Jet Motor Company raised $9 million (₦3.3 billion) to produce Made-in-Nigeria electric cars. According to the company, the funds were for research and development (R&D) to “enable the company to introduce other lines of vehicles including; pickups; SUVs; sedans and, most importantly, its ambitious JET EV project.”
The company also partners with Nigeria’s logistics firm, GIG Logistics (GIGL), to build charging stations across Nigeria and supply over 50 electric JET EV buses over 2 years.
With Jet EV, JET believes in a green future and is rapidly incorporating zero-emission vehicles into its product range.
Some the features of the JET EV include:
- High capacity lithium-ion phosphate battery of 107.6kwh with a driving range of over 250km
- Our Batteries has an Ingress protection rating of IP68 and a decomposition temperature of 600-degree centigrade
- A traction motor with a larger torque of 950Nm, making it possible for the vehicle to accelerate from 0-100 in less than 20 seconds
- Our Jet EV comes with a supercharger, that can be able to charge a 107.6kwh battery from 0%-100% SOC (state of charge) in less than 2hours.
USP of Jet Mover EVs
- 80% operating and maintenance cost reduction
- Improved health and safety standards due to zero emissions feature
- Fewer moving parts resulting in simpler transmission and a quieter driving experience
- Fast charging with 2-in-1 power charger
- Ability to travel across over 250 km on a single full charge